Where will my
pet be placed in the aircraft?
• Your pet will travel in the Livestock hold,
which is pressurised, heated and usually situated just
below the passenger cabin. They soon settle down for
Will my pet have enough space in the Air Kennel?
• Yes, all kennels are made to measure for your
pet comfort. Your pet must be able to stand, lie down
and turn comfortably. Extra space is costly and will
not be of any advantage to your pet if the aircraft
Will my pet be fed and watered during the journey?
• Animals are not fed immediately prior to travel
to avoid soiling their kennel. Each travel box incorporates
a water container which is regularly checked and re-filled
What happens to my pet during transit in London
• Both Heathrow and Gatwick are well equipped
to handle animals and have specialised animal handling
facilities where your pet will be taken from his travel
box, exercised and offered light food and water before
re-loading for his onward flight.
Will my pet be sedated?
• The Ministry of Agriculture and Veterinary
Surgeons strongly advise against sedating animals. Airlines
may refuse to carry sedated pets.
Will my pet be stressed?
• More than a million pets fly safely world-wide
every year. All animals are checked and watered on stopovers
and health and safety regulations are strictly adhered